Sunday, February 13, 2011

Changes

This is progress.  I was given a pair of LARGE earrings purchased in another state to make some drastic changes.  First, the earrings needed to be basically split in half.  The first half would remain a wonderfully sparkle amber/brown earring, but without the weight of the bottom.  The bottom that would be removed will become part of a necklace.  Too much fun to have new things to play with...

Anyhow, I was able to separate the two halves quite easily with my dremal tool and sanded away most of the sharp edges to make it look presentable.  However, there is still some sanding and shining to do before the earrings are to my liking.

The bottoms have yet to take on any special form, but I have plans for those bad boys...big plans!  Keep an eye on the blog to see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment