Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What is the Best Name to Choose for your Etsy Shop?

Recently, one of my sweet sweet cousins contacted me to discuss Etsy shop names for her up and coming jewelry establishment.  She is a talented actress in her local school and community theatre and has a nack for creating woven bracelets and colorful earrings!  She and I have been emailing back and forth, bouncing different combinations of words and names off each other.  So much fun!  I told her that it took me a long time to come up with my shop name "ReMarydOriginals".  But, I wanted something that really resounded and made sense in reflecting what it was that I wanted to make and the statement that I wanted to make in the crafting world.  However, I didn't want to have a name that would "cage me in".   After a few days of our emailing and discussions, I think we are getting closer...but she hasn't made a solid decision on what she is going to use yet. 

I refered her to an article that was on Etsy's forums about coming up with a name that is understandable, easy to spell, and easy to remember for possible returning customers.  I thought it was wonderfully stated and easy to understand.  I wish her all the luck in the world and hope that our brainstorming will help!

1 comment: