Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Compliment Necklace

I found the square rhinestone piece of this necklace in a bag of junk jewelry given to me by a friend.  This is a weighty little square and has TONS of sparkle.  I am not sure if it was a broken pin or earring, but I fell in love with it when I laid eyes on it.  In fact, I have held on to it for years.  I would come across it every once in awhile and say, "I really would like to do something with this, but, what?".  Finally, I added a mix of purple pearls and black czech beads for a necklace chain and kept it extremely simple with a magnetic clasp.  This necklace really isn't for sale...since I LOVE TO WEAR IT.  Plus, it gets me plenty of compliments.  This is more of a marketting piece for me, since people want to then talk about it after they ask me where I got it.  I love to tell them, "I made it"!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great looking piece, and if you love it you should wear it all the time. I always forget to make stuff for myself and then I go out with just earrings. Your right it's a great marketing piece.

    ReplyDelete