Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Keeping the Creative Juices Flowing

It is hard if you do not "craft for a living" to find time to make and create.  I do work full time, but somehow I find a few minutes several times a week to finish up repairs or create new jewelry pieces for my friends or my Etsy Shop.

I follow a few blogs of other Green Crafters, Jewelry Crafters, Crafty Friends and others that seem to balance their on-line shops, blogs, Twitter and home life.  I really enjoy reading about these creative-beings who are focused on making something new, finding a good deal and feeding their internal artist.

My studio/basement corner sometimes seems overwhelming before I have an idea in mind, but just sitting down at my table or looking through craft ideas or jewelry making magazines will help me focus in on what needs to be accomplished.  I usually start out by directing all of my energy on one particular item, bead, pendant, picture or project and then let it take me where it will.  I look forward to exploring my other bloggers ideas, examples and/or project ideas...and challenge myself to get my rear end into my studio/basement corner to have some creative alone time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment