Thursday, March 24, 2011

Opportunites!

I never underestimate the power of friends and networking!  I was recently asked to design several pieces of jewelry to accompany a line of clothing for the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts spring fashion show.  What an honor to be asked to design some ReMaryd Original jewelry to accompany CABi clothing for local CABi sales person, Mary McCallum.

I worked for several days putting together just the right items for the outfits that were to be worn during the fashion show.  It all turned out wonderful.  I met several wonderful women and passed out business cards.  I forget how much fun it is to spend time in an art atmosphere with some amazing women and great fashion!


This is a piece that I made out of an old sandal and put together with a chain of pearls and vintage chunky black chain!  Before and after....

1 comment:

  1. YAY For you!!!What a fantastic opportunity but ultimately I'm sure it was due to hard work on your part!!!
    Blessings and Much Luck !!!
    Flora

    ReplyDelete